We're making improvements!
SchoolsClick to toggle navigation breadcrumbs.
Energy Solutions: A Guide for Schools and Universities
Viewpoint School Earns A+ in Enhancing Sustainability and Saving Nearly 87,000 kWhs
Essential Energy Technology for Schools and Universities
Demand Response Programs (DR)
Automated Demand Response (Auto-DR)
No-Cost, Do-It-Yourself Tips
Tips Hide Tips
- Utilize day lighting options and reduce lighting levels
- Turn off unnecessary indoor lighting, signs, and office equipment
- Shut down unused rooms and facilities
- Pre-cool campus buildings/classrooms or cycle air conditioning and ventilation
- Raise cooling thermostat settings
- Inspect weather stripping for deterioration or gaps around doors and windows
- Charge batteries and battery-operated equipment before noon and after 6 p.m.
- Reschedule dishwashing before noon and after 6 p.m.
- Turn off commercial ice machines and decorative fountains before noon and after 6 p.m.
- Enable lower power mode setting for computers, monitors, and imaging equipment
- Engage staff; make sure they understand why, when, and how to power down
- Encourage staff to minimize printing to reduce energy