Weather Update (As of 7:15 a.m.)
Valley South Subtransmission Project
The Valley South Subtransmission Project is our proposal to upgrade the region’s existing electrical infrastructure and improve its overall electrical reliability.
This project will serve the cities of Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar and portions of unincorporated Riverside County, including French Valley, Murrieta Hot Springs, and Winchester.
This project includes the following:
- The proposed project will be approximately 15 miles in length
- Construction of a new 115 kilovolt (kV) subtransmission line from our existing Valley Substation in Menifee and ending east of our existing Auld Substation in Murrieta
- Reconducter (install new conductor wires) on approximately 3.4 miles of an existing 115 kV line from east of our existing Auld Substation in Murrieta to west of our existing Triton Substation in Temecula
- Install communication equipment at area substations to support the proposed Valley South Subtransmission Project
- Equipment modifications at Valley Substation
SCE is preparing the scope of work for the construction phase of the project. SCE will work with local officials, residents, businesses, and other interested parties to minimize the impacts of this project.
- 2011 - 2014: Project planning and public outreach activities
- December 2014: SCE filed the application for a Permit to Construct (PTC) with the CPUC
- December 2016: Permit to Construct Approved
- Mid-year 2019: Anticipated start of construction
- Mid-2020 to late 2020: Anticipated project completion date
If you have questions about this project, please call our toll-free project hotline at 1-866-785-7057.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.
Maps, Resources & More Information
- Project Map
- Project Map Underground Section
- Project Newsletter September 2014
- Project Update 2017
- Link to CPUC's website for Valley South Subtransmission Project
Proponent's Environmental Assessment (PEA)
- PEA Chapters 1-3 (Vol 1)
- PEA Chapter 4 (Vol 2)
- PEA Chapters 4-6 (Vol 3)
- PEA Appendices A-E (Vol 4.1)
- PEA Appendix F (Vol 4.2)
- PEA Appendix F (Vol 4.3)
- PEA Appendix F (Vol 4.4)
- PEA Appendices F-J (Vol 4.5)