Trouble Logging In?
Valley South Subtransmission Project
The Valley South Subtransmission Project is our proposal to upgrade the region’s existing electrical infrastructure and improve its overall electrical reliability.
This project will serve the cities of Menifee, Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar and portions of unincorporated Riverside County, including French Valley, Murrieta Hot Springs, and Winchester.
This project includes the following:
- The proposed project will be approximately 15 miles in length
- Construction of a new 115 kilovolt (kV) subtransmission line from our existing Valley Substation in Menifee and ending east of our existing Auld Substation in Murrieta
- Reconducter (install new conductor wires) on approximately 3.4 miles of an existing 115 kV line from east of our existing Auld Substation in Murrieta to west of our existing Triton Substation in Temecula
- Install communication equipment at area substations to support the proposed Valley South Subtransmission Project
- Equipment modifications at Valley Substation
SCE submitted its Permit-to-Construct application to the California Public Utilities Commission. The project is currently in the regulatory review process.
- 2011 - 2014: Project planning and public outreach activities
- December 2014: We submitted our Permit to Construct (PTC) Application to the CPUC
- Late 2017: Anticipated start of construction
- Late 2019: Anticipated project completion date
If you have questions about this project, please call our toll-free project hotline at 1-866-785-7057.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.
Maps, Resources & More Information
Proponent's Environmental Assessment (PEA)
- PEA Chapters 1-3 (Vol 1)
- PEA Chapter 4 (Vol 2)
- PEA Chapters 4-6 (Vol 3)
- PEA Appendices A-E (Vol 4.1)
- PEA Appendix F (Vol 4.2)
- PEA Appendix F (Vol 4.3)
- PEA Appendix F (Vol 4.4)
- PEA Appendices F-J (Vol 4.5)
Environmental Impact Report