Wildfire & Mudslide Information
Presidential Substation Project
Infrastructure to Meet Electricity Demand in Southern Ventura County
The existing electrical infrastructure serving Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and adjacent areas of unincorporated Ventura County must be upgraded for ongoing safe, reliable power in these growing areas. This project is designed to increase electrical capacity, maintain system reliability and serve the area’s projected needs.
Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and adjacent areas of unincorporated Ventura Country.
The proposed Presidential Substation project will primarily consist of System Alternative A:
- upgrading Potrero and Royal Substations with higher capacity equipment
- adding additional 16 kV distribution circuits
California Public Utilities Commission granted SCE a permit to construct the Presidential Substation Project configured as "System Alternative A" on March 13, 2014.
- March, 2013: CPUC published Final EIR
- March, 2014: CPUC granted permit to construct
If you have any questions or comments, please call the following hotline number: 866-785-7057.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.
Maps, Resources & More Information
For More Information
- Visit the CPUC for more information about the Presidential Substation Project