We're making improvements!
Moorpark-newburyClick to toggle navigation breadcrumbs.
Moorpark-Newbury 66 kV Subtransmission Line Project
Providing Long Term Reliability To Our Customers
The Moorpark-Newbury 66 kV Subtransmission Line Project will ensure the availability of reliable electric service to meet our customers’ needs in portions of Thousand Oaks and adjacent areas of unincorporated Ventura County.
Thousand Oaks, Moorpark, and unincorporated Ventura County.
The Moorpark-Newbury project consists of constructing a new nine mile segment of 66 kV subtransmission line between Moorpark Substation in Moorpark and Newbury Substation in Thousand Oaks. It involves both the construction of new facilities and replacement and reconductoring (rewiring) of existing facilities within existing utility right-of-way.
We submitted an application for a Permit to Construct to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) in October 2013.
- October 2008 – We filed Advice Letter 2272-E, notifying the CPUC of the proposed construction of this project.
- February 2009 – CPUC issued Executive Director’s Action Resolution E-4225, finding that this project qualified for an exemption from CPUC permitting requirements.
- March 2010 – CPUC issued Commission Resolution E-4243, affirming the findings of Resolution E-4225.
- October 2010 – We commenced construction on the project.
- November 2011 – CPUC issued Decision 11-11-019, ordering a cease to all construction activity, and directing us to file a Permit to Construct application to complete the project.
- October 2013 – We submitted an application for a Permit to Construct to the CPUC.
- June 2015 – CPUC issued a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) on the project.
If you have questions or comments about this project or would like to be added to the project mailing list, please contact us.
Maps, Resources & More Information
- Moorpark-Newbury Application for a Permit to Construct
- CPUC Website for Moorpark-Newbury Project
- Project Map