Coolwater-Lugo Transmission Project (formerly South of Kramer)
Upgrading Infrastructure and Improving Reliability in Kramer Junction & Lucerne Valley
The Coolwater-Lugo Transmission Project (formerly South of Kramer) is designed to expand transmission capacity in the Kramer Junction and Lucerne Valley areas. We’re committed to California’s renewable-power goals, and this project will help deliver cleaner, renewable power, while also supporting system reliability and meeting the region’s increased demand for electricity.
Apple Valley, Barstow, Daggett, Hesperia, Lucerne Valley
- Transmission Line – Construction of approximately 65-75 miles of new high-voltage transmission lines from SCE’s Coolwater Substation in Daggett, towards SCE’s future Jasper Substation in Lucerne Valley (a separate project), and ending at SCE’s Lugo Substation in Hesperia.
- Substation – Construction of the new Desert View Substation southeast of Apple Valley.
- Substation Upgrade – Installation of new electrical facilities at Coolwater Substation and Lugo Substation.
- Telecommunication Facilities – Construction of approximately 35 miles of new telecommunications cable on new and existing poles between SCE’s Gale Substation in Daggett and SCE’s Pisgah Substation near Newberry Springs and approximately eleven miles between SCE’s Apple Valley Substation and proposed Desert View Substation.
This project is under regulatory review.
- 2011-mid-2013: Project planning and public outreach activities.
- August 2013: We submitted an application to federal and state regulatory agencies requesting approval for the Project.
- 2016: Subject to all necessary regulatory approvals, construction is expected to begin.
- 2018: Project is expected to be in service.
If you have questions about this project, please call our toll-free project hotline at 1-866-785-7057 or contact our local staff.
From Apple Valley, Barstow, Daggett, or Lucerne Valley:
Para información en español acerca del proyecto Coolwater- Lugo, favor de comunicarse con Jennifer Menjivar.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.