Weather Update (As of 7:15 a.m.)
Valley Ivyglen Project
The Valley-Ivyglen Project will help maintain reliability for current and projected demand for electricity in southwestern Riverside County.
Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Perris, and unincorporated Riverside County
- Subtransmission lines: Construction of approximately 25 miles of new 115 kilovolt subtransmission lines between SCE’s Valley Substation in Menifee and Ivyglen Substation in unincorporated Riverside County.
- Substation upgrades: New electrical facilities at the existing Fogarty Substation, which will allow the substation to be fully operational.
- Telecommunications: Installation of approximately 25 miles of fiber optic telecommunication lines between Valley Substation and Ivyglen Substation.
A description of the nearby Alberhill Project is located on SCE’s Alberhill webpage.
We are proposing to modify the Valley-Ivyglen Subtransmission Line and Fogarty Substation Project that was approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) in 2010. Based on our final engineering review and new/changed circumstances, we determined that modifications to the construction and design of the Approved Project were needed.
Our proposed modifications to the Valley-Ivyglen subtransmission line, Fogarty Substation, and the telecommunications system will allow us to account for topography constraints, facilitate efficient construction and maintenance, reduce the number of pole replacements, and minimize environmental impacts.
The Amended Petition For Modification (PFM) includes the following elements:
- Valley-Ivyglen 115-kV Subtransmission Line Design Modifications
- Valley-Ivyglen 115-kV Subtransmission Line Construction Modifications
- Telecommunications System Modifications
- January, 2007: We filed our original Project application with the CPUC.
- April, 2007: We filed an application with the CPUC for the Fogarty Substation Project.
- June, 2007: The CPUC combined both projects under one project, now referred to as the Ivyglen Project.
- June, 2009: Draft Environmental Impact Report was released.
- August, 2010: CPUC approved the project.
- 2011-2013: We modified the approved Project and conducted additional environmental analysis.
- March 2013: We filed our Petition for Modification with CPUC.
- March 2014: Petition for Modification filed with CPUC.
- May 2014: Amended Petition for Modification filed.
- April 2016: CPUC Published Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR)
- April 2017: CPUC Published Final Environmental Report (FEIR). The CPUC will issue separate proposed decisions on SCE’s applications for the proposed Valley–Ivyglen Project and the proposed Alberhill Project.
- Decision Pending
If you have questions about this project, please call our toll-free project hotline at 1-866-785-7057.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.