EldoradoClick to toggle navigation breadcrumbs.
Eldorado-Ivanpah Transmission Project
Delivering More Solar Power For Southern California
We’re committed to California’s renewable-power goals, and the Eldorado-Ivanpah Transmission Project near the California – Nevada border will deliver up to 1,400 mW of new renewable power, including nearly 400 mW of solar power from BrightSource Energy’s Ivanpah Solar Project.
- San Bernardino County, California
- Clark County, Nevada
- Construction of a new 220/115 kV substation in San Bernardino County, California
- Replacing a portion of an existing 115 kV line with a 35-mile double-circuit 220 kV transmission line, which will connect to the Eldorado Substation, near Boulder City, Nevada
- Installation of new telecommunications and distribution lines to support the project
Project completed and in-service.
- March, 2012: Start of telecommunication construction
- July, 2012: Construction of Ivanpah Substation was expected to begin
- August, 2012: Removal of existing 115 kV transmission line; construction of 220 kV transmission line to begin
- July 1, 2013: Project completed and in-service
If you have questions or comments about this project, please call our Transmission Projects Information Line at 1-866-464-2005.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.
Maps, Resources & More Information
For More Information
- Visit the CPUC for more information about the El Dorado-Ivanpah Transmission Project
- Visit the BLM for more information about the El Dorado-Ivanpah Transmission Project