Downs Substation Project
Powering Ridgecrest for the 21st Century
This project is designed to upgrade the electrical infrastructure serving the greater Ridgecrest area so that we can continue to provide safe, reliable power, especially during extreme weather conditions.
Ridgecrest and adjacent areas of unincorporated Kern and San Bernardino Counties
Project is completed and in-service.
- December 2010: We filed an application for a Permit to Construct for this project with the CPUC
- January 2012: CPUC issued Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration (MND)
- July 2012: CPUC issued Final MND
- November 2012: CPUC voted to approve the project
- October 2014: Construction is scheduled to begin
- April 2016: Project completed and in-service
If you have questions or comments about this project, please contact us. Try our toll-free Project Information Line: 1-866-977-3487.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.