Trouble Logging In?
Circle City Substation & Mira Loma-Jefferson Sub-Transmission Line Project
The Circle City Substation and Mira Loma-Jefferson Sub-transmission Project are important infrastructure upgrades that will enable us to safely and reliably meet increased demand for electricity in this region.
This project will serve the cities of Corona, Norco, Chino, Eastvale, and Ontario.
This project includes the following:
- Construction of a new distribution substation and source lines on approximately 11 acres in Corona. A distribution substation is a facility where electricity is lowered to a voltage that can be distributed and used by households and businesses.
- Construction of the Mira Loma-Jefferson line, a 66 kV sub-transmission line approximately 10.7 miles in length. A combination of both overhead and underground construction, it would be constructed from the existing Mira Loma Substation in Ontario to a location adjacent to the existing Corona Substation in Corona.
SCE submitted its Permit-to-Construct application to the California Public Utilities Commission. The project is currently in the regulatory review process.
- Starting in 2009: Project planning and public outreach activities.
- 4th quarter, 2015: SCE plans to file the project with the CPUC.
- 2019: Subject to all necessary regulatory approvals, project construction is anticipated to begin.
- 2021: Project expected to be operational and in-service.
If you have questions about this project, please call our toll-free project hotline at 1-866-464-2005.
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.
Maps & Resources
Additional Project Details
- Project Summary/Overview
- Visual Simulation from River Road Park
- Visual Simulation from Magnolia Ave near Sherborn St
- Visual Simulation from Magnolia Ave near S Promenade Ave
- Visual Simulation from Interstate 15
- Visual Simulation from Hellman Avenue at Landerwood
- Visual Simulation from Huber Park
Regulatory Review Process
- SCE Notice of Application
- SCE Application for PTC
- Proponent’s Environmental Assessment – Volume 1
- Proponent’s Environmental Assessment – Volume 2
- Proponent’s Environmental Assessment – Volume 3
- Proponent’s Environmental Assessment – Volume 4
- Proponent’s Environmental Assessment – Volume 5
- Proponent’s Environmental Assessment – Volume 6
- CPUC Transmission Siting Process