Trouble Logging In?
Banducci Substation Project
The Banducci Substation Project is needed to meet future electricity needs in the Cummings Valley area. The project will also provide the additional benefit of enhancing electrical system reliability and operational flexibility in this region.
This project will serve the Cummings Valley area of Kern County and adjacent areas.
This project includes the following:
- Construction of the new 66/12 kV Banducci Substation on an approximately eight-acre parcel in the unincorporated Cummings Valley area of Kern County.
- Construction of two new 66 kV sub-transmission line segments to connect this new substation to our electrical system.
- Installation of fiber optic telecommunications equipment for the protection, monitoring and control of sub-transmission and substation equipment
The Banducci Substation Project received a Permit to Construct (PTC) from the CPUC on June 11, 2015. Project may begin construction in 2016.
- November 2012: SCE submitted its project application
- 2015: CPUC approved the project
- 2016: Construction is anticipated to begin
- 2018: Construction is expected to complete
If you have questions about this project, please call our toll-free project hotline at 1-866-785-7057 (option 2).
Interested in working with SCE as a supplier? Learn more.