Our Preferred Resources Pilot
Our Preferred Resources Pilot: Forging a New Approach to Using Clean Energy
About 4 of Our Preferred Resources
#1: Energy Efficiency: Reducing Usage through Design, Equipment & Appliances
By contributing to reduction in electrical usage, Energy Efficiency measures help make a difference. They include more efficient building design, equipment and appliances.
#2: Demand Response: Reducing Usage at Key Times
Demand Response programs deliver a reduction in electric usage compared to normal consumption patterns, as customers respond to a trigger.
#3: Renewable Distributed Generation
Distributed generation of renewable power includes local electrical generation from renewable resources such as solar.
#4: Energy Storage
Energy Storage relies on advanced technologies to store electricity for later use.
Additional Information About Our Preferred Resources Pilot
Market Design Information
- 2016 PRP Portfolio Design Report
- Energy Efficiency Impact Study for the PRP (White Paper) (PDF)
- Solar Solutions Guide: Addressing Building Owners’ Concerns
- PRP Solar Siting Survey by Clean Coalition
- 2015 PRP Portfolio Design Report (PDF)
- 2014 PRP Portfolio Design Report (PDF)
How You Can Help: Energy Saving Programs for Your Business
We offer a number of energy-saving programs that you can participate in.
- Go Green with SCE and Energy Solution Providers >
- Savings and incentives for your business >
- Demand Response programs for your business >
- Summer Discount Plan for your business >
- More opportunities & tools for your business >
Helping at Home: Energy Saving Programs for You & Your Family
There are many ways you can save energy at home.
- Summer Discount Plan
- Save Power Days
- Rebates on energy-efficient appliances and upgrades
- More opportunities and tools for your home
- Optimize your heating and cooling systems
Looking for a Letter of Support or Commitment?
We collaborate with many organizations to support innovation in the areas of renewable sources of energy, grid optimization and energy storage. If you are working on a project of this nature and need a letter of support or commitment for a California Energy Commission EPIC proposal, DOE or other funding source proposal, we may be able to help. Please review our instructions, then complete a request form and submit to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Instructions: How to Get a Letter of Support from SCE (PDF)
- Request Form (PDF)
- Sample – Letter of Support or Commitment (PDF)