Cómo presentar un reclamo a SCE
Long Beach Update
Scholarships & EducationClick to toggle navigation breadcrumbs.
Edison Scholars & Other Scholarships
Scholarships for Latino Students
Supporting Local UNCF Efforts
Encouraging Native American Students
$40,000 College Scholarships: Edison Scholars
Edison Scholars: Eligibility
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Already taken the ACT or SAT
- Plan to attend an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Meet placement standards for entry-level baccalaureate coursework
- Pursuing studies in electrical, computer, chemical, or mechanical engineering; materials science; chemistry or physics, computer science or information systems; or math
- Demonstrated financial need
- Live in or attend school in the SCE service territory or in the designated area surrounding the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency
- Dependents of Edison International employees are not eligible
Scholarships for Asian & Pacific Islander Students
Sustainability & Clean Energy Training & Education
Working with partners across the state, we’re helping build a more energy-efficient and energy-aware California. From empowering young students as advocates for smarter energy management in their homes, schools, and communities, to preparing young adults for careers in energy efficiency, our education programs are designed to help meet California’s cleaner-energy goals.
Developing Energy Efficiency Professionals (community college level)
Through education in energy efficiency and demand side reduction this training program helps prepare community-college students for clean-energy careers. Developing Energy Efficiency Professionals uses classroom learning, projects, and outreach within the campus community to promote the understanding of demand response, resource conservation, and carbon emission reduction. It’s designed to help reduce operational costs at California Community Colleges, too.
Green Schools (K-12)
Starting with our area’s youngest students, the Green Schools program uses integrative, hands-on learning activities to educate students about energy and its link to the environment. Activities promote energy-conservation, encourage green careers, and influence students, teachers, and school staff to become energy educators and efficiency advocates in their schools, homes, and communities. Ultimately it helps their school districts save on energy costs.
PEAK Energy Management (Grades 3-7)
The comprehensive, standards-based PEAK environmental educational program by the Energy Coalition is designed to empower elementary and middle school students with knowledge to manage energy use in their homes, schools, and communities. Through hands-on learning, students are inspired to take action to create a more sustainable world and to educate others about using energy wisely.
Living Wise (Grade 6)
This award-winning program helps build energy-efficiency skills and knowledge for California families by educating sixth graders. Eligible teachers are provided materials including take-home kit of efficiency measures and supplies for each student. A mix of classroom activities and homework assignments guide students to work with their families on home audit and retrofit activities. Living Wise is a collaboration among us, Southern California Gas Company, and water providers.