We're making improvements!
Camp EdisonClick to toggle navigation breadcrumbs.
Visit Camp Edison on Beautiful Shaver Lake
Welcome to Camp Edison
Handy Information for 2015
View Our 250+ Campsites
Reserve Your Campsite Online – or by Email, Fax, or U.S. Mail
Now you can make reservations online for almost all of our campsites.
How to Reserve Your Campsite
How to Reserve a Campsite Online
Most campsites can be reserved online. The only sites that can't be reserved online are groups A through K, tent trailer rentals, travel trailer rentals, and group picnic reservations -- which must be reserved by email, fax, or U.S. mail. You may reserve any other campsite at Camp Edison online.
How to Reserve a Campsite by Email, Fax, or U.S. Mail
Complete the Camp Edison Reservation Request Form, and return it to the contact information below. Reservation requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. A courtesy call will be made to complete your reservation, or if we are unable to fulfill your request as submitted.
How to Return Your Completed Reservation Request Form to Us
* By email: email@example.com
* By fax: 1-559-841-3193
* By U.S. mail: Camp Edison
P.O. Box 600
42696 Tollhouse Rd.
Shaver Lake, CA 93664
When to Make Your Reservation
If You Will Stay for 7+ Nights
Reservations for seven or more nights are accepted up to a year in advance through online reservation or by submitting your reservation request by email, fax, or U.S. mail.
If You Will Stay for 1-6 Nights
Reservations for one to six nights are accepted up to five months in advance through online reservation, or by submitting your reservation request by email, fax, or U.S. mail.
Rates, Payments & Deposits
Our nightly rates vary by campsite. Rates cover four people and a camping unit (5th wheel, travel trailer, utility trailer with camping gear) or four people and up to two vehicles with tent gear only. Check out our campsites.
Discounts of 10% are available for seniors (62 and older), active military, and handicapped people. All prices are subject to change.
Additional charges apply on a per-night basis from May 15 to Oct. 15 for extra people ($5 per person, age 5+); extra vehicles ($6 each); pets ($6 each); boats ($6 each) and honey wagon ($30 per use). From October 15 to May 15, rates are $35 flat with no additional charges.
We accept payment by check and credit card. If you are paying by credit card we will contact you by phone for your card information. If you are paying by check, please send your check along with your reservation request. When paying for your site by check, all checks must be received 2 weeks prior to your arrival date.
Single site reservations require a $75 deposit. Online reservations have the option to pay balance in full or pay $75 deposit. (all unpaid balances due upon arrival)
Groups A-K site reservations require a $150 deposit.
Tent trailers and Travel trailer rentals require a $75 deposit. A refundable cleaning/security of $200 deposit on tent trailers and a $500 cleaning/security deposit of $500 on travel trailer will be charged at check in.
Bookings that are less than $75 deposit will be charged the lesser amount.
Group Picnic areas pay in full.
Your Reservation: Changes or Cancellations
If you wish to change or cancel your reservation, fees may apply.
All Changes and cancellations must be faxed, emailed or mailed to Camp Edison.
|If you wish to...||14+ DAY NOTICE||1-13 DAY NOTICE||DAY OF CHECK-IN|
|Cancel Entire Reservation||$10 Fee||Forfeit One Night Stay||Forfeit Entire Deposit|
|Cancel Entire Group site, Group picnic, or Travel/Tent Trailer Reservation||$10 Fee||Forfeit Entire Deposit||Changes Not Allowed|
|Reduce Number of Nights||$10 Fee||Forfeit One Night Stay||Changes Not Allowed|
|Change Site, Name or Date (keeping same # of nights)||$10 Fee||$10 Fee For Site Or Name Change Only||$10 Fee For Site Or Name Change Only|
|Reservations made 5 to 12 months in advance for 7 nights or more||Changes Not Allowed Below 7 Nights||Changes Not Allowed Below 7 Nights||Changes Not Allowed|
Check-in time is 12 pm and check out is 11am. Guest arriving before 12 pm will not be allowed on their site before noon. All sites must be vacated by 11 am on date of check out. All reservations will be considered forfeited, if not registered by 9 am the following day of check-in, unless prior arrangements are made with reservation desk.
Camp Edison is not responsible for road conditions, foul weather or personal emergencies. We strongly encourage you to check forecasted weather and road conditions prior to traveling during the winter months.
New This Year
- Reserve online! Now most campsite reservations can be made online.
- We have added a 2013 29’ COUGAR TRAVEL TRAILER with one slide out AVAILABLE FOR RENTAL YEAR ROUND. For more details scroll down to Handy Information and click on Camp Rates & Guidelines.
- The base rate of a campsite now includes FOUR PEOPLE, one camping unit, cable TV and electricity.
- New shower/restroom buildings located in day use.
- Upgraded to 50 amp service in Azalea, Manzanita and Lupine loops.
- We have extended our boat ramp 50 feet for even better access to the lake.
- Winter campers and north shore day users can now use a credit card at our new pay machine.
- Always use caution, as submerged objects will be closer to the surface than during normal lake conditions. Be sure to check conditions in advance, prior to each visit.
- Always obey all warning signs and restrictive buoys. They are there to protect you from areas where water activity can change suddenly, which creates risk of injury or death.
- Avoiding swimming or playing near dams or powerhouses. These areas can have strong underwater currents, sudden water discharges, slippery surfaces and submerged hazards.
- If You See Something, Say Something.
If you notice something unsafe, report it so we can take care of it as quickly as possible.
P.O. Box 600
42696 Tollhouse Rd.
Shaver Lake, CA 93664
Phone: 1-559- 841-3134 ext. 6
Fax: 1- 559- 841-3193