The Valley-Ivyglen Project will help maintain reliability for current and projected demand for electricity in southwestern Riverside County.
Lake Elsinore, Menifee, Perris, and unincorporated Riverside County
- Subtransmission lines: Construction of approximately 25 miles of new 115 kilovolt subtransmission lines between SCE’s Valley Substation in Menifee and Ivyglen Substation in unincorporated Riverside County.
- Telecommunications: Installation of approximately 25 miles of fiber optic telecommunication lines between Valley Substation and Ivyglen Substation.
The project was approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) in the fall of 2018. SCE anticipates starting construction in mid 2020.
- August 2018 – CPUC issued Permit to Construct
- Mid 2020 – Construction expected to start
- Mid 2022 – Target operating date