What is SCE’s response to COVID-19?
We have implemented several temporary customer protections to support our customers impacted directly or indirectly by the COVID-19 pandemic through financial and other assistance.
If you’re having trouble with payments, we offer a number of options to help:
- We’ve created new payment plans and suspended disconnections for residential and small business customers who were financially affected by COVID-19. Visit sce.com/billhelp or call an SCE Customer Service Representative at 1-800-655-4555 to learn more about opportunities, including payment arrangements and extensions.
- We’re waiving deposit requirements and late fees for residential and small business customers.
If you have recently experienced financial hardship, you may qualify for the following financial assistance programs:
- You can save about 30% each up on your energy bill with our California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) or 18% on Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) programs. We’re temporarily suspending certain requirements to make sure current and new participants continue receiving their rate discount.
- You may be eligible for our Medical Baseline Program if you require electrically-powered medical equipment. Please note that we’re temporarily waiving the physician signature requirement for this program.
- Our Energy Assistance Fund (EAF), until April 16, 2021, temporarily provides up to $300 total in direct bill payment assistance for income-eligible customers impacted by COVID-19.
We’ve made adjustments to how we handle outages during COVID-19, including, when possible:
- Scheduling critical outages overnight to minimize impact
- Using backup generators
- Sharing area-specific critical outage notifications through social media application Nextdoor
- Providing ice coupons to prevent food spoilage
For more information about how we’re doing to help customers, visit our COVID-19 Response Page.