How does SCE approach wildfire safety?
With about a quarter of SCE customers residing in high-risk fire areas, addressing the prevention and mitigation of wildfires is one of our top priorities. Our 2020-2022 Wildfire Mitigation Plan builds on the significant progress made in 2019.
Our efforts include:
- Enhanced overhead inspections: Enhancing and accelerating inspections of all overhead power lines in high fire risk areas
- Grid design and system hardening: Replacing overhead power lines with insulated wires and installing current limiting fuses
- Situational awareness: Installing high-definition cameras and weather stations in high fire risk areas
- Vegetation management: Inspect 1.1 million trees annually and prune trees that may pose a risk
- Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS): During high-risk conditions for a wildfire, we may temporarily shut off power to neighborhoods in high fire risk areas. These shutoffs are temporary and meant to keep you and your community safe. Learn More About PSPS >
For more information, visit our Wildfire Mitigation Efforts Page >.