By submitting the Home Energy Efficiency Rebate (HEER) Program Application, I understand and agree to the following:
- To be eligible for the rebate, all product(s) must be (i) newly purchased, (ii) installed in a fully constructed dwelling in SCE’s service area with an active SCE service account at the time of installation (“Installation Address”), and (iii) designed to reduce consumption of energy distributed by SCE to the Installation Address. Additionally, products must meet the requirements specific to each type of product rebate listed in the particular product rebate page at www.sce.com/rebates. The applicant must be either (i) the customer of record for the Installation Address; (ii) the landlord or property manager to the Installation Address and responsible for the purchase and installation of the Qualifying product; or (iii) resident of a sub-metered mobile home in a mobile home park serviced by SCE. All uses herein of the words “install”, “installation”, or similar phrases shall mean complete installation such that the subject products are fully functional.
- 2016 Qualifying product(s) must be purchased and installed between the date ranges specified in the requirements of each rebates.
- Funds are limited. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The HEER Program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. In the event that rebate terms change, the order/purchase date will be used to determine product eligibility and the application postmark date (or date the completed online application was received) will be used to determine rebate amount, if any.
- A complete application must be submitted for each Installation Address; however one application may request more than one type of rebate for qualifying products installed at the Installation Address. Products cannot be installed at a P.O. Box Address.
- Applications may also be submitted online or by mail. If submitting application(s) online, the application will not be complete until all required supporting documentation including all appropriate Proof(s) of Purchase are delivered to SCE. Supporting documentation must be received within 30 days of submitting the online application. Only the Customer of Record may submit an application online. If the application is submitted by the landlord or property manager to the Installation Address or by the resident of a sub-metered mobile home, or a person who would like the check to be mailed to an alternate address, the application must be submitted by mail. Mail in Applications can be requested by calling 1-800-736-4777. If submitting application(s) by mail, each application must be signed and dated by the person claiming the rebate. The application and all other required documentation including all appropriate Proof(s) of Purchase, must emailed, faxed or mailed to SCE’s Rebate Processing Center, post marked no later than January 31, 2017. The application and all required documentation, including Proofs of Purchase, must be legible.
- Rebates may be requested in the form of a bill credit or a rebate check. SCE will issue a bill credit within 2 – 3 billing cycles if requested only if the Customer of Record maintains an active service account for the Installation Address.
- If a rebate check is requested, or if the application is submitted by the Owner of the Property, or the Customer of Record has closed the service account for the Installation Address (for instance, if the Customer of Record has moved), SCE will issue a rebate check. The rebate check will be issued to the Customer of Record at the installation address, unless the application provides an alternative payee and payee address. Rebate checks and bill credits are generally issued six to eight weeks after SCE determines that an application is complete, all requirements have been met, and there are sufficient rebate funds remaining.
- SCE reserves the right to select any Application for inspection/verification, or reject any incomplete Applications. If an Application is selected for inspection/verification, additional time may be required before a rebate check is mailed or a bill credit is issued.
- If requested, I will allow (or if I am not a current occupant at the Installation Address, I will arrange for the current occupant to allow(if requested), SCE’s and/or the California Public Utilities Commission’s (CPUC) representative(s) reasonable access to the Installation Address to verify installation of the qualifying product purchased, either before or after payment of a rebate. I understand that a rebate will not be paid if the occupant at the Installation Address refuses to participate in any required inspection/verification. I understand that if I (and/or the occupant of the Installation Address) refuse to participate in or fail any required inspection/verification after receiving a rebate, I may be required to repay to SCE the amount of any rebate received (or if a bill credit was issued, the credit may be reversed). The inspection/verification of installation must be scheduled within 30 days of customer contact by SCE. I understand that SCE may contact the qualifying product vendor and/or installer to verify purchase and/or installation and may provide my name and/or address to complete this inspection/verification.
- I have installed a qualifying product(s) and I understand the energy-efficiency level of the qualifying product(s) determines the rebate amount.
- The rebate amount may not exceed the purchase price. I understand that I cannot receive a rebate for the same product from more than one California investor-owned utility or third party energy efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other incentives funded with CPUC Public Goods Charge funds.
- I understand I am only eligible for one of any type of rebate per useful life for each SCE Service Address.
- I agree that the selection of qualifying product(s), selection of manufacturer, dealer, supplier and/or installer, and purchase, installation and ownership/maintenance of the qualifying product(s) referenced in this Application are my sole responsibility, and the manufacturer, dealer, supplier or installer of these products is not an agent or representative of SCE.
- I understand that SCE makes no representations regarding manufacturers, dealers, contractors, materials or workmanship. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT SCE MAKES NO WARRANTY WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE, OR APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCTS.
- I agree that SCE has no liability whatsoever concerning (1) the quality, safety and/or installation of the products, including their fitness for any purpose, (2) the estimated energy savings of the products, (3) the workmanship of any third parties, (4) the installation or use of the products including, but not limited to, effects on indoor pollutants, or (5) any other matter with respect to the HEER Program. I waive any and all claims against SCE, its parent companies, directors, officers, employees, or agents, arising out of activities conducted by or on behalf of SCE in connection with my Application for any rebate(s) under the HEER Program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, none of such parties shall be liable hereunder for any type of damages, whether direct, or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, reliance, punitive or special damages, including damages for loss of use, regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, indemnity, warranty, strict liability or tort, including negligence of any kind.
- I am responsible for meeting all HEER Program requirements and complying with my state/county/city governments, property owner and/or homeowners association requirements (if any) in my area regarding permits, local conditions, restrictions, codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations concerning this installation and, if I use a contractor for any installation, I am responsible for ensuring that the contractor holds the appropriate license for the work performed.
- If a tenant, I am responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the product(s) for which I am applying for a rebate. My signature on this Application indicates I have obtained this permission.
- SCE is not responsible for items lost or destroyed in electronic transmission, the mail, or other transit.
- SCE utilizes the “Point-of-Sale” method of program delivery for selected products with participating retailers. Under this method, customers will receive applicable rebates instantly at the cash register. Such purchases are not eligible for a second rebate by submitting an online or mail in application through the SCE Rebate Processing Center.
- All responses are kept confidential; however SCE may disclose information from my response to the CPUC as required by the CPUC.
- I certify that I have used a licensed contractor, as appropriate, and followed all applicable permitting requirements for this installation.
- I certify that the information in my rebate application is true and complete, and that the product(s) and/or equipment(s) for which I am requesting a rebate meet(s) have been installed and meet (s) the requirements listed in the associated product’s information page(s) this application. I further certify that the installation has complied with any applicable permitting requirements and, if a contractor performed the installation, that the contractor holds the appropriate license for the work performed.